Co-production & Actionable Science Panel
The EFI Partners & Knowledge Transfer Working Group hosted a virtual panel on May 4, 2021 to discuss best practices and lessons learned for the co-production of scientific materials with stakeholders and decision makers. You can find a recording from that panel and the resources shared by the panelists HERE.
Overview of the Partners & Knowledge Transfer Group
The production and use of ecological forecasts often relies on partnerships between many organizations. The Partners working group is focused on fostering collaborations and forecast co-production among academics, government agencies, industry, NGOs, and citizen scientists. We are also interested in promoting the dissemination of ecological forecasts to help society better understand, manage, and conserve ecosystems.
The Terms of Reference provide an overview of the priorities of the Partners & Knowledge Transfer Working Group.
Partners & Knowledge Transfer Working Group Schedule of Calls:
The Partners Group will meet on September 20, October 25, November 15, December 6 at 2pm US Eastern. We are always open to people joining the calls, contact us at email@example.com
Partners & Knowledge Transfer Blog Posts and Resources
- Co-production & Actionable Science Panel. The Partners & Knowledge Transfer Working Group hosted a virtual panel on Tuesday, May 4, 2021 to discuss best practices and lessons learned for co-producing scientific material with stakeholders and decision-makers. You can find a recording from that panel and the resources shared by the panelists HERE.
- Making Ecological Forecasts Operational: Some Lessons Learned By NOAA, July 22, 2019
- Making Ecological Forecasts Operational: The Process Used by NOAA’s Satellite & Information Service, November 18, 2019
- Bibliography of resources on co-production, team science, translational science, science communication, etc. This list is also available in the Ecological Forecasting Initiative Bibliography Zotero Group Library. Use the Filter Tags section in the lower left-hand corner of the library to select the “EFI Partners & Knowledge Transfer Paper” tag to bring up all the references provided in the link above.
Notes from Working Group Calls
Co-Chairs: Kira Sullivan-Wiley (University of Notre Dame) and Christopher Brown (NOAA)
- September 20, 2021
- August 26, 2021
- July 22, 2021
- June 17, 2021
- May 20, 2021
- April 22, 2021
- March 25, 2021
- February 25, 2021
- February 4, 2021 – joint Social Sciences and Partner Working Groups call
- The groups used the 2015 Report to the Secretary of the Interior, Advisory Committee on Climate Change and Natural Resource Science as a jumping-off point to discuss actionable science and co-production
- December 17, 2020
- November 19, 2020
- September 24, 2020
- August 20, 2020
- July 23, 2020
- June 25, 2020
- May 28, 2020
- April 30, 2020
- March 12, 2020
- February 13, 2020
- December 17, 2019
- November 19, 2019
- October 22, 2019
- September 24, 2019
- August 27, 2019
- July 16, 2019